Barbecoa Piccadilly Review - London

Oh my sweet food baby! Barbecoa was amazing, like life giving roast kind of amazing.

I don't think I can emphasis how great the food was. In fact not just the food but the service too. We were lucky enough to visit the Piccadilly branch before its official launch next week. Considering the restaurant is still in its infancy the staff were so on it and attentive from the warm welcome and help at cloakroom, to offering suggestions on the menu and suitable wine pairings.

Barbecoa Piccadilly London restaurant menu table wine glass food

For starters, we had the Sticky Creole Ribs & Cured Salmon. The Salmon was beautifully presented and felt very decadent with the addition of caviar. A perfect light starter if you don't fancy a meat overload.

Barbecoa Piccadilly London Restaurant Salmon meal dish starter food

Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa is known for its meat and the Piccadilly branch lived up to the hype when it came to the Creole Ribs. For one they were hefty ribs, in any other restaurants they would have equated to two ribs each. The marinade was a delicious combination or moreish, spicy, smokey and drool inducing.



Barbecoa Piccadilly London restaurant ribs starter dish meal cider food

For mains, we both had the Dry-Aged Scottish Sirlion which came with pickled walnut, watercress, horseradish, all the veg trimmings, one large yorkshire (cos sunday roast just isn't sunday roast without one) and the best gravy I've ever tasted...sorry Mum. If for some reason I ever make it onto Death Row I want a gallon of this gravy. I mean sure the Sirlion Steak was great and all, like absolutely incredible and melted in your mouth, but the gravy guys...the gravy! We had to ask for more, I wish I could have put some in my bag, it would have been worth the weird looks and the soggy handbag.


Barbecoa Piccadilly London restaurant sunday roast sirloin steak yorkshire pudding lunch meal dish vegatables food


And finally, after falling in love with the gravy we moved onto pudding. Throughout the course of our meal we'd seen a dome of chocolate being served and my boyfriend had already set his heart on it. The dome turned out to be the Snickersphere, with peanuts and salted caramel it was definitely the most popular pud on the menu and with good reason. I  went for the Lemon Meringue. I'll be honest when it arrived I had a serious case of food envy but once I tucked I felt guilty for cheating on my pudding. It was really light and refreshing and the blood orange sorbet was sharp and sweet at the same time. Not too sickly and the perfect way to finish up a great meal.


Barbecoa Piccadilly Lonodn restaurant dessert choclate salted caramel snickersphere ice cream food meal dishBarbecoa Piccadilly London restaurant dessert lemon meringue blood orange sorbet dish meal food

When you're next in London please do check out Barbecoa. We'll definitely be heading back to try their cold bar dishes, cocktails, breakfast and afternoon tea.






Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nachos and Wine. Designed by OddThemes